We listen before we act. Our goal is to advance the Pebble Project into permitting with a solid foundation of public and political support, and to make the Pebble Project the best possible project for all stakeholders.
We engage openly with stakeholders to develop constructive relationships and key partnerships with local communities, Alaska Natives and commercial fishing interests. In 2017, we created the Pebble Project Advisory Committee, composed of prominent Alaskan and national figures. We engaged ASRC Energy Services, Alaska Inc., a subsidiary of Arctic Slope Regional Corporation (“ASRC”), to lead a collaborative business development planning initiative to enhance future Alaska Native contracting opportunities at Pebble.
Through our numerous stakeholder initiatives, the Company seeks to:
- Create a science-based project design more responsive to stakeholder concerns
- Enhance partnerships with Alaska Native corporations and Bristol Bay residents
- Develop Transportation Corridor Agreements with Alaska Native landowners
- Create strategic programs to benefit Bristol Bay fishermen
- Energize Southwest Alaska’s economy
- Enhance fish habitat and productivity
- Reinvigorate the process by which the Pebble Partnership engages with Elders and Youth from throughout the Bristol Bay region